Established February 4, 2009 as a Nonprofit Association.
Victory Farm is a Founding Member.
Develop and promote the Paco-Vicuña breed by focusing on vicuña characteristics, vigor, and fiber fineness while maintaining the gentle manner and fiber growth rate of the alpaca.
- Association will own and manage the Registry and EPDs “Expected Prodigy Differences” databases and publish EPD results. EPD data will focus on animal and fiber characteristics.
- Animals will be classified upon registration. Six classifications are defined – Premier Plus, Premier, Classic Plus, Classic, Standard Plus, and Standard.
- All animals registered will be DNA tested and micro chipped.
- The Paco-Vicuña Web Site will be used as a hub or central site for all Paco-Vicuña Association information.
- Focus on a unified marketing strategy. Each member will be able to use the association logo according to specified guidelines.